About the Rainbow Factory
The Rainbow Factory opened it’s doors in 2015 with the dream to inspire children to use their imagination and to increase literacy standards, now they work with hundreds of schools across the north of England.
With a unique dream comes a unique education package where all sessions - whether in schools or in the factory - are led by our highly experienced staff with uniquely scripted theatre performances and fun-filled inspiring workshops.
The Rainbow Factory offers a flexible experience to meet the needs of different schools, whether that’s additional toilet and snack breaks or even including specific topics/books into our workshops.
There are also a variety of packages to choose from which give you a choice of length of the trip or whether you come to the Rainbow Factory or whether they come to you!
• Excite children about reading, storytelling and the power of their own imagination, by exploring stories in diverse new ways.
• Deliver high-quality, unique, educational workshops.
• Play a part in improving literacy standards, by offering youngsters a different learning dynamic.
• Support all of our young visitors, whatever their level of ability.
• There’s nowhere like the Rainbow Factory anywhere in the UK!
• Our Creative Space inspires children to use their imagination!
• From the moment you arrive, our staff will run the day’s activities – meaning less stress for you and providing a great opportunity for you to observe & assess your pupils.
• We can tailor workshops to suit your curriculum requirements, where possible.
• Teachers get free tea & coffee!
• Rainbow Factory Education practitioners are highly experienced at working with young people both in schools and the wider community.
• They are all fully trained and hold current DBS certificates.
• Our team consists of passionate individuals with specialist talents, including authors, award-winning artists, teachers, performers and playwrights.
Join us as we uncover traditional tales in a theatrical, fun, and adventure packed way. Choose from 3 of our original productions;
Little Red Riding Hood,
Jack & the Beanstalk
or Topsy Turvy Storybook!
Meet character favourites in this original production-but can you help piece together the clues and solve the crime?!
In our special, original production you’ll meet lots of character favourites, from a variety of children’s books, as each falls under the magnifying glass of suspicion
Join our heroes as we explore what it really means to be brave, courageous, determined, resilient, caring and selfless.
With great power comes great responsibility. Help solve the clues and defeat the super villains who are determined to destroy our greatest super power of all... our IMAGINATION
Join us as we immerse children into a space-tastic, intergalactic school trip with the Protectors (aka Aliens!) of the Planets.
They've crash landed on Earth as the pollution levels have disrupted their ships sensors. Now they’re stuck and have no idea how to get home! There’s so much to do!
Ever wonder what it would be like to be a pirate? Well, now’s your chance to find out as you step on deck and share in the terrific tales of pirates of old.
Our pirate-training programme will have children swashing their buckles and going totally overboard on a fun-filled adventure.
Join Little Brown Mouse on an adventure as you meet his friends from Zog, Room On A Broom, The Gruffalo, Stick Man, What the Ladybird Heard and Princess and the Wizard. Explore these stories through dynamic workshops and immerse your children in a theatrical retelling of these firm favourites.
Embark into an enthralling world of fantasy as you enter the ‘Realm of Magic’.
Taking inspiration from the world of Harry Potter, meet your magical professors for the day as they teach you all about potions, mystical creatures, broom flying and so much more
Explore the Storyteller’s magical junkyard as he shares fantastic fables OR myths and legends from around the world and across the ages. This mysterious vagabond will mesmerise you with his tales as old as time, exploring the adventures of history’s earliest heroes
We can look at Myths, Legends & Fables you are doing in school.
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new”
Be inspired by the Storyteller as they tell the stories of budding inventors, their determination and successes in an interactive theatrical introduction